For those still interested in being a Gentleman, here are some good old fashioned reminders:
- Show respect to others
- Speak the truth
- When you tell someone that you will do something, you do it.
- If you make a mistake that affects someone else, you step forward and apologize.
- If you burp, fart, or accidentally bump into someone, you say, “Pardon me.”
- If you need to get by, you say, “Please excuse me.”
- If someone does something for you, you look them in the eye and say thank you.
- If someone asks you a question, you stop what you are doing, look them in the face, and answer it politely.
- If someone offends you, you either ignore it or discuss it with them personally in a cordial manner, rather than speaking maliciously of them to others.
- If you’re late for an appointment, you apologize and don’t make excuses.
- If you need to make a decision that will impact someone else, you try to include them in the decision-making.
- When someone makes a silly mistake, you minimize it instead of making a big deal out of it.
- When someone speaks to you in confidence, you keep that confidence.
- Be sensitive to the feelings of others, and try not to embarrass them.
- You use a tone of voice and choice of words that reflect your regard for the person to whom you are speaking, and your confidence in their basic goodness and intelligence.
Shared from http://www.romanceinmarriage.org/relationship-needs/need-for-respect/