(Especially if your relationship leans toward too close, comfortable… and codependent)
1. Become attractive to yourself. It will be hard for you to feel sexy and for your partner to find you sexy, if you don’t feel attractive to you. What do you have to do to become sexy to you?
2. Get resourced outside of the relationship. Have supportive friends that listen and give you life. Don’t rely on your partner to be the only support for your entire emotional world.
3. Take space. Take a break from each other. Less calling, less texting, less having your partner on a leash. Take a weekend away by yourself or with friends. Turn your phone off for that weekend.
4. Learn how to own your own feelings and not put them on your partner. Learn how to communicate like a mature person. Become emotionally sovereign. There is nothing less sexy than blaming your partner for your own feelings. It’s a real mood killer.
5. Learn how to really connect through listening. Deep and reverent witnessing of your partner and their experience is hot.