If you are a leader and model to your children at home (and you are), what kind of tone are you setting for them to follow? How are they learning to think, feel and act based on what they see from you. If you were to observe you, what would you say? What kind of tone are you setting, what kind of energy do you embody…and what are your children learning from it?
Think about HOW you show up:
- What is your energy like? Calm, confident, compassionate?
- How do you carry yourself, what is your body language?
- What is your default facial expression?
- What is your tone of voice?
- What is the volume of your voice and the pace of your voice?
- How do you talk to yourself (yes children can pick up on this)?
- How do you speak to your children?
- How do you speak about family and friends?
- How do you speak about what is going on in the world?
So, what kind of environment are you creating based on how you are behaving?
It’s so rewarding and peaceful to do this. I can tell you from experience.